Troy drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency rehab program close to Troy NY. Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation practices used in our New York rehab and detox centers near Troy. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that offer inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are discussed as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each. Many medical insurance providers will cover alcohol and drug rehab. Give us a call to determine what options are available for you.
- Substance Abuse Treatment in Troy
- Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
- Drug and Psychological Dependence
- How To Get Help
Substance Abuse Treatment in Troy
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family therapy meetings, to help you work through the complications often as a resulted of addiction. We also have an in-depth educational program to help prepare for a clean, healthy, and sober future. You can also find out how to handle stressful circumstances in real life. Lastly, our healing involves team building and fun activities to help you improve your interpersonal relationships.
When you join our community by committing to our Troy In Patient Rehab Treatment facility, you enjoy a range of recovery services. Our top priority is Withdrawal Management. Then we start delivering your individualized treatment using a range of evidence-based methods, such as:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Commitment Therapy and Acceptance
- Cognitive Behavior Modification
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
Our intensive, personalized outpatient drug and alcohol rehab program in Troy functions under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step fundamentals and practices as our residential rehab programs, which means your complete care includes mental, social, alcohol and other drug use evaluations, a customized addiction treatment program and continuing care suggestions. Our out patient rehab is an effective rehab method if you:
- Are shifting out of inpatient treatment
- Recently went through a relapse
- Just starting recovery
Partial Hospitalization Program
Day treatment, also known as partial hospitalization includes the option of onsite lodging at our medically supervised sober living location. PHP is an especially beneficial rehab option if you:
- Have experienced a current relapse
- Have attempted multiple previous efforts at recovery
- Are struggling with a co-occurring psychological health issue such as clinical depression or anxiety
- Would gain from a organized recovery support surrounding following residential treatment
For individuals who have a co-occurring mental health issue, we provide expert mental health services. Our specialists are well-versed in evidence-based techniques approaches like cognitive-behavioral treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy and acceptance and dedication therapy. Gender-specific recovery solutions are also offered.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and NA Meetings in Troy
- Alcoholics Anonymous (commonly known as AA) is possibly the most widely known treatment associated with defeating an addiction or chemical dependency. For decades, AA meetings have supported countless individuals triumph over their addiction to alcohol and embark on (or continue) their pursuit of lifelong recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one specific substance. Rather, the purpose of NA is to share the pains and victories that follow drug addiction and recovery.
NA is a twelve-step system similar to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it shares many of the same fundamentals, tactics, and ideologies. The goal of NA is to create an environment where addicts help one another on the path to rehabilitation. Sessions include people of every demographic and at different levels of recovery, from many years to just a couple days of being clean.
Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
Lots of people suffering from a substance use disorder (SUD) also endure a co-occurring mental health or behavioral health. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis. Users with a dual diagnosis require an integrated recovery plan that addresses both disorders as interconnected mental health issues.
Common mental health disorders connected to substance abuse include the list below:
- ADHD – Many individuals are given adderall to treat their ADHD, which can be habit-forming and generate a toxic habit of chemical abuse.
Depression – Numerous individuals identified as having depression attempt to self-medicate with illegal drugs or alcohol. This routinely makes the mental state worse. The come-down after the high can be devastating for those with a pre-existing depressive issue.
- Bipolar Disorder – Nearly half of people with bipolar disorder also deal with addiction. Just like any other disorder, it can be tempting to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs offer a moment of temporary relief from mental challenges and manic episodes for people with bipolar.
- PTSD – When an individual develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain manufactures fewer endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to seek the help of alcohol or drugs to feel happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Studies have suggested that substance addiction and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) often appear together. More than two-thirds of people with BPD have turned toward substance abuse at some time in their lives.
- OCD – People with OCD often struggle with anxiety and depression as a result of their uncontrolled behavior, which can lead substance abuse.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often stem from powerful feelings of inferiority. Drugs that suppress desire for food are especially prevalent among individuals struggling with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most typical mental ailment in the USA, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impairs 18 percent of the adult population. Men and women who suffer from GAD might be more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol to deal with their symptoms. Some individuals may also abuse benzodiazepines, which are very addictive prescription medications used to treat anxiety problems.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is identified by hallucinations and delusional thinking. Diagnosing schizophrenia parallel to an addiction can be complicated because both ailments share the same effects.
Drug and Psychological Dependence
Most individuals or materials that refer to psychological dependence are talking about the cognitive and emotional aspects of addictive habits or the withdrawal process from narcotics or alcohol instead of trying to identify certain drugs or activities as being psychologically addictive or physically addictive. The symptoms associated with the psychological aspects of addictive behaviors or with psychological addiction are usually listed as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Challenges with anxiety that occur when someone tries to put an end to their addictive behavior
- Issues with depression when someone is not using their chemical of choice or tries to refrain from their addictive behavior
- Frustration and trouble sleeping that materialize when an individual is not using their favorite drug or making an effort to kick the habit
- Any other issues with mood swings that materialize when one is not using their drug of choice or attempting to quit
- Decreased appetite or increased appetite associated with not using the favorite drug
How To Get Help
What Drugs do you treat at Troy NY Detox?
- Stimulants – Methamphetamine, Speed, Adderall, Cocaine, Crack
- Opioids – Oxycodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Hydrocodone, Morphine
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP
Drug Treatment Centers Near Troy
0 Results Found
More Info About Troy NY
Troy, New York
Troy is a city in the U.S. state of New York and the seat of Rensselaer County. The city is located on the western edge of Rensselaer County and on the eastern bank of the Hudson River. Troy has close ties to the nearby cities of Albany and Schenectady, forming a region popularly called the Capital District. The city is one of the three major centers for the Albany Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), which has a population of 1,170,483. At the 2010 census, the population of Troy was 50,129. Troy's motto is Ilium fuit. Troja est, which means "Ilium was, Troy is".
Today, Troy is home to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, the oldest private engineering and technical university in the USA, founded in 1824. Due to the confluence of major waterways and a geography that supported water power, the American industrial revolution took hold in this area making Troy reputedly the fourth wealthiest city in America around the turn of the 20th century. Troy, therefore, is noted for a wealth of Victorian architecture downtown and elaborate private homes in various neighborhoods. Several churches boast a concentrated collection of stained glass windows by Louis Comfort Tiffany. Troy is also home to the world renowned "Troy Music Hall", officially, the "Troy Savings Bank Music Hall" dating from the 1870s, which is said to have superb acoustics in a combination of restored and well preserved performance space.